Participants include 18 female Councillors, 17 female officials, and 75 female leaders and young women. These women will participate in:
- Training in key governance mechanisms, human rights, participatory democracy and leadership;
- Exchange and experience sharing activities; and
- An annual Youth and Leadership Forum.
Although the project has only just begun, the women leaders participated in designing the project, in partnership with CCAIJO. The women’s leaders in Ocongate, a small village of Quispicanchi, spoke of the confidence they had gained to speak up at meetings just through the design process. They were all excited about where the project would take them and they have high hopes for the future, such as becoming mayor.
Enhancing Women’s Civil Participation in rural Peru receives support from the Australian Government through the Australian NGO Cooperation Program (ANCP).
Stories from our blog
- 8 September 2022 – Peruvian Women in community leadership
- 9 September 2021 – Supporting Women as community leaders – Peru & Fiji
How to help
Donate: $500 provides a training workshop for 15 female councillors and government officials on topics such as self-esteem, leadership, public speaking and communications.
Pray: Pray for the female leaders in Peru that they may realise their potential and support the women and children in their communities.
Act: Donate to Mary MacKillop Today and ensure that the female leaders in Peru are able to realise their potential.