Mary MacKillop Today is an international community development organisation. We work with vulnerable individuals and communities regardless of their faith, ethnicity or gender and are committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work around the world.
Working to our values of Faith, Courage, Accountability, Respectfulness and Excellence, Mary MacKillop Today helps create generational change through the teaching of practical life skills to women, men and children in Australia and beyond.
Mary MacKillop Today is proud to receive Voice Project’s Best Workplace Award for 2021. This award is given to organisations that have achieved exceptional levels of employee engagement and satisfaction.
Voice Project works with organisations who are committed to providing their employees with a voice, creating positive change and empowering an engaged workforce. Through consistent, joint efforts of leaders and staff, we see ongoing improvements in employee engagement and organisational performance.
Please see our current vacancies below:
The Database Administrator is responsible for the strategic analysis of supporter data, working closely with key staff to ensure that fundraising activities are optimised and driven by meaningful, evidence-based business intelligence. Strategic thinking, problem solving, numerical and analytical skills will be applied to innovate and maximise fundraising success.
The role will provide technical data analytical support and leadership to, and work collaboratively across, the Supporter Relations team. The Database Administrator will also pro-actively drive improvements to existing data analytics and reporting systems via: recommendation of data analytics and reporting systems enhancements; project management assistance of major data analytics and reporting initiatives; development of automation tools for the importing of data; general improvements to the quality of data; and contribution towards the definition of data management strategy.
The ability to decipher complex information, communicate effectively and make sound decisions is required, plus experience with data segmentation for multi-channel fundraising streams, including direct mail and large-scale campaigns.
Data Importing and Analysis
- Recommend and develop strategies to support business objectives by providing insights about our supporter base, such as their communication and action propensities
- Performing in-depth data analysis to provide actionable, data-driven recommendations to campaigns and appeals
- Identify opportunities to improve the data sets for analysis purposes, including external services or datasets
- Develop and maintain data analysis tools to assist with interpretation of supporter data
- Trend analysis
- Develop and maintain organizational financial and administration reporting, including monthly, YTD and campaign reports
Campaign Set up and Development
- Campaign set up in ThankQ
- Mail merge and template set up
- Create queries using specific parameters to create data segmentation for all campaigns
- Manipulating mailing data in Excel for external mail-outs
- Maintain the integrity of the fundraising database supervising functions, quality and output
- Recruit, train and supervise staff in the fundraising software and the use of MS Office applications
- Manage upkeep of database policies and procedures manual
- Act as the key technical contact when liaising with external software providers
- Liaise with the wider Supporter Relations Team and external consultants to determine efficient data management techniques to improve processes and optimise the preparation of data for database systems uploads and downloads
- Supervise staff who co-ordinate the regular giving program
- Supervise recording and reconciliation of all financial transactions for fundraising programs eg. appeals, lotteries and special events
- Liaise with Australia Post, Data Tools, and other outside bodies to update and validate data using data wash and redirection software.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proficient in database administration, customer relationship management
- Proficient in data imports and exports and developing reports from supporter data
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft SQL query writing for data manipulation and validation
- Excellent analytical, organisational and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise, organise and schedule time critical work loads
- High level communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Technical team leadership including allocation of tasks, coordination of workflow and general guidance
- Demonstrated substantial experience performing trend analysis of customer data, including retention and attrition rate calculations
- Advanced skills in Excel (including Pivot tables, complex formulae, data consolidation)
- Creative thinker with flexibility and ability to adapt to new systems and processes
- Enthusiastic, socially conscious and a team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information and Communications Technology or equivalent experience
- Experience determining targeting, segmentation and personalisation objectives for marketing campaigns, preferably within a fundraising and/or NFP environment
- Previous experience in a data driven marketing or communications role
This position is a part-time position (FTE 0.8) based in North Sydney, and reports to the Supporter Relations Group Leader of Mary MacKillop Today. This position has no direct reports. The working environment is informal but professional, with very high standards of output and delivery. We are a happy, enthusiastic and energy filled group, with a positive values-driven culture.