Mary MacKillop Today is an international community development organisation. We work with vulnerable individuals and communities regardless of their faith, ethnicity or gender and are committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work around the world.
Working to our values of Faith, Courage, Accountability, Respectfulness and Excellence, Mary MacKillop Today helps create generational change through the teaching of practical life skills to women, men and children in Australia and beyond.
Mary MacKillop Today is proud to receive Voice Project’s Best Workplace Award for 2021. This award is given to organisations that have achieved exceptional levels of employee engagement and satisfaction.
Voice Project works with organisations who are committed to providing their employees with a voice, creating positive change and empowering an engaged workforce. Through consistent, joint efforts of leaders and staff, we see ongoing improvements in employee engagement and organisational performance.
Please see our current vacancies below:
Programs Coordinator – Timor-Leste
(Maternity leave contract – full time)
The Programs Coordinator – Timor-Leste will coordinate and manage Mary MacKillop Today’s international development programs in Timor-Leste.
This will include establishing positive and mutually respectful relationships with Mary MacKillop Today’s Timor-Leste office, coordinating project management and administration tasks, and supporting effective monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL). In addition, the Programs Coordinator will contribute to wider team project management support and system improvement initiatives.
The Programs Coordinator has three key areas of responsibility:
- Coordinate the effective development and delivery of Mary MacKillop Today’s Timor-Leste program
- Develop and maintain project administration systems
- Participate in and coordinate monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL)
Coordinate the effective development, coordination and delivery of Mary MacKillop Today’s Timor-Leste and Peru program
- Establish and maintain positive and mutually respectful relationships with Mary MacKillop Today’s Timor-Leste office.
- Undertake capacity assessments and conduct ongoing capacity development activities with Mary MacKillop Today’s in-country staff, including identifying opportunities to promote two-way learning through our in-country office.
- Coordinate all aspects of the project cycle for the Timor-Leste program including program administration, assisting with the development and appraisal of proposals and applications, submission of program reports and preparation of budgets and acquittals.
- Manage all financial and narrative reporting for the Timor-Leste Program, including liaising with staff to ensure deadlines are met.
- In collaboration with the International Programs Group Leader, maintain an alert system for forthcoming proposals and reports.
- Support the International Programs Group Leader with the timely lodgment of tenders or submissions of applications for program funding or grants to support the growth and sustainability of MMT’s programs.
- Participate in strategic planning for the Timor-Leste program.
Develop and maintain administration systems
- Coordinate and maintain program records for the purposes of enhancing quality control processes and strengthening the consistency of outputs, in-line with ACFID and ANCP compliance standards.
- Coordinate and maintain financial records and undertake financial administration tasks, including monitoring against budgets and addressing variances as required.
- Manage online application, reporting and data management software and liaise with web developers as required.
- Coordinate travel logistics and document preparation for external consultants and/or Group Leader’s participation in working groups, workshops, forums, network meetings, training courses and conferences.
- Support the coordination of regional or country workshops: logistics, financial and administrative functions.
- Contribute to MMT’s cross-team processes and information management systems, including archiving.
Participate in and coordinate monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL)
- Coordinate project monitoring, evaluation and learning processes, including data capture, quality control of information management and reporting in order to measure and evaluate program outcomes and effectiveness.
- Undertake monitoring visits to program sites and participate in field visits as required.
- Support the documenting of stories and lessons learned through the program to contribute to program development, organisational learning and Mary MacKillop Today communications and fundraising.
- Contribute to team-wide program learning and development.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to work within and contribute to the Mission and Values of Mary MacKillop Today.
- Tertiary qualification in International Development or a related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience working within the international development sector in a relevant program coordinator role.
- High level of cross-cultural communication skills, including ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with people.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and managing administration and tracking systems, preferably in support of project management, and well-developed budget management skills and financial acumen.
- Experience with or knowledge of logframe and Theory of Change designs.
- Strong understanding of DFAT and ACFID compliance requirements and experience in managing projects funded by institutional donors.
- Strong written communication skills, including the ability to adapt writing and presentation style for a range of audiences and purposes including correspondence, proposals or submissions, report writing and minute taking.
- High level of computer proficiency, in particular Excel.
- Ability to travel internationally as required, up to 5 weeks per year.
- Adherence to Mary MacKillop Today’s Safeguarding Policy, and willingness to undergo a criminal record check or statutory declaration of local legal equivalent where criminal records checks are unavailable or unreliable.
This position is a full-time role based in North Sydney, and reports to the International Programs Group Leader of Mary MacKillop Today. It is a maternity leave fixed term 12-month contract, planned to start Monday 4th of July 2022.
The working environment at Mary MacKillop Today is informal but professional, with very high standards of output and delivery. We are a happy, enthusiastic and energy filled group, with a positive values-driven culture.
This is classified as a Contact with Children position and therefore subject to child-safe recruitment screening.
Mary MacKillop Today is committed to achieving an inclusive and diverse workforce.
In 2021, Mary MacKillop Today was awarded as one of the Voice Project’s Best Workplace organisations that have achieved exceptional levels of employee engagement and satisfaction.
To apply, submit a CV and a 2-page cover letter outlining why you are interested in working at Mary MacKillop Today, addressing all the key competencies listed above and how your skills align to this opportunity. Applications close at 9am on Monday 30th of May 2022.
If you have specific questions about this opportunity, please contact International Programs Group Leader Tessa Henwood-Mitchell by email at [email protected] or call 02 8912 2777.