Mary MacKillop Today is an international community development organisation. We work with vulnerable individuals and communities regardless of their faith, ethnicity or gender and are committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work around the world.
Working to our values of Faith, Courage, Accountability, Respectfulness and Excellence, Mary MacKillop Today helps create generational change through the teaching of practical life skills to women, men and children in Australia and beyond.
Mary MacKillop Today is proud to receive Voice Project’s Best Workplace Award for 2021. This award is given to organisations that have achieved exceptional levels of employee engagement and satisfaction.
Voice Project works with organisations who are committed to providing their employees with a voice, creating positive change and empowering an engaged workforce. Through consistent, joint efforts of leaders and staff, we see ongoing improvements in employee engagement and organisational performance.
Please see our current vacancies below:
Office Manager- Parental Leave Cover
The Office Manager is responsible for day-to-day office management and administration support across a range of functions to ensure the organisation runs smoothly and harmoniously.
This role is responsible for general office management and reception duties; assisting the CEO and the executive with administration and operational support; and project support to the Leadership Group and the Board. This role will also support Human Resources functions within the organisation.
The Office Manager will have broad administrative knowledge and be willing to provide information and support across the organisation. They will be required to establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, liaising on behalf of the organisation with confidence and confidentiality.
The role requires solid judgment, discretion, initiative, flexibility, and the ability to coordinate a wide range of information, working in collaboration with others to enable the effective delivery of day-to-day activities and strategic business objectives. It requires a highly motivated, resilient individual with a proven track record of performance, exceptional stakeholder management, and communication skills (written and oral), along with strong planning, organising and analytical skills.
- Promoting a friendly environment of welcome, service and professionalism.
- Taking incoming calls, responding to email enquiries and welcoming visitors.
- Maintaining office supplies and equipment including support for printer/copier/scanner, phone system and video conferencing.
- General office maintenance and identify improvements in processes or systems in the workplace.
- Organising and managing of staff and social events.
- Act as a main point of contact for IT, troubleshooting, Office 365, general and ad-hoc enquiries.
- Oversee and coordinate Work, Health & Safety matters.
- Any other duties as directed from time to time.
Administrative and Executive support to the CEO and Leadership Team
- Administrative assistance; general correspondence, filing and retrieving records and documents.
- Executive assistance to the CEO including diary, travel, expense, and document management.
- Provide operational and governance support to the CEO.
- Management of small and ad hoc projects.
- Develop and maintain SharePoint filing system across the organisation.
- Coordinate Leadership and staff related meetings and events (face-to-face and virtual) including meeting rooms, technical equipment requirements, preparation of agenda, materials, catering, taking, and distributing minutes.
- Assist Finance Group with invoicing, preparation for and during audit periods.
- Creating itineraries and organising travel bookings for Leadership and Board members.
- Using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software.
- Demonstrating integrity in the management of highly confidential information.
Administrative and Executive support to the Board of Directors and Audit Finance & Risk Committee
- Managing online Board management system (BoardPro) including preparation of meeting papers, distribution and filing of meeting packs and minutes.
- Coordination, host and attend all Board and Committee Meetings, including Committee minute taking, ensuring meetings run efficiently and effectively in person and online.
- Follow up of Board Meeting and AFRC Meeting action items and document management.
- Coordination of Directors and their travel, and necessary paperwork.
Human Resources Support
- Provide support to Group Leaders in recruitment including posting job ads, coordinating communication with candidates and scheduling interviews.
- Manage all HR administration including onboarding of staff and board members.
- Assist with recruitment processes including employment contracts and new hire paperwork.
- Maintain up to date all employee files and essential documentation (hard & soft copies).
- Coordinate L&D initiatives and training courses and maintain training register.
- Support Group Leaders to ensure termination process is completed.
- Liaise with Payroll and Finance Group for reporting, payroll and employee matters.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Commitment to work within and contribute to the Mission and Values of Mary MacKillop Today.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, or a related field preferred.
- 2-5 years of work experience in an administrative/office management role.
- Strong organisational planning skills, initiative and a methodical approach to provide support in confidential tasks and execution of delivery.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with an excellent phone manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build rapport and experience with handling difficult or sensitive conversations.
- High levels of attention to detail, integrity and discretion, always maintaining confidentiality and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and respond effectively to challenges, to work effectively in a small, diverse and busy team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritise daily workload and manage concurrent project deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- Advanced computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications particularly in SharePoint, Teams, and managing online video conferencing.
This position is a full-time (37.5 hours per week) maternity leave cover role (12 months) based in North Sydney. A four-day arrangement may be negotiable for the preferred candidate. The role reports to the Chief Executive Officer of Mary MacKillop Today. The working environment is informal but professional, with very high standards of output and delivery. Flexible working arrangements apply. We are a motivated, enthusiastic and energetic team, with a positive, flexible and values-driven culture.
Mary MacKillop Today is committed to achieving an inclusive and diverse workforce.
In 2021, Mary MacKillop Today was awarded as one of the Voice Project’s Best Workplace organisations for the achievement of exceptional levels of employee engagement and satisfaction.
To apply, submit a CV and a cover letter outlining why you are interested in working at Mary MacKillop Today, addressing all the key competencies listed above and how your skills align to this opportunity. Applications close Friday 11th November 2022.
Please send your application and direct any queries to [email protected].