Need a Loan? With us you pay no more.
No Interest. No Fees. No Charges.
Mary MacKillop Today’s No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS) is an accredited program that was developed by Good Shepherd Sisters in 1981 and adopted by the Sisters of St Joseph and other agencies.
The loans do not attract interest and there are no fees. Loans are available for up to $1,500 for essential goods and services such as fridges, washing machines and medical procedures. Repayments are set up at an affordable amount over 12 to 18 months
How does NILS work?
NILS isn’t a payday loan and it’s not a bank loan. NILS works through a process called ‘circular community credit’. This means when a borrower makes a repayment to NILS, the funds are then available to someone else in the community. NILS loans are available through Mary MacKillop Today, supported by Good Shepherd Microfinance.
Watch the video to find out more!
Who can apply?
1. Have lived at your previous or current home for 3 months or more. (This can be waived in exceptional circumstances, please contact us to discuss.)
2. Have a current Healthcare Card or Pensioner Concession Card or be a low income earner (earn less than $45,000 before tax or less than $60,000 after tax for a couple or people with dependents).
3. Have a willingness and ability to repay the loan in small fortnightly repayments.
You will require documentation to verify the above. Please contact us if you’re unsure if you qualify.
What we loan for
- Household items like fridges, washing machines, stoves, dryers, freezers and furniture
- Some medical and dental services
- Education essentials such as computers and text books
- Car registration or repairs
- Some essential services e.g. plumbing
- Other – funeral costs, bet costs, insurance excess and other items…
NILS loans cannot be used for rent, bills, cash or holidays.
How to apply
Contact us on : (02) 6331 2010
or email us at:
[email protected] or
go to our website:
You will meet face to face or via phone
with us to discuss your financial situation and
we will help you apply.
Your loan application and
supporting documentation will
be assessed against our
You will be notified if your loan has
been approved and the funds are paid
directly to the supplier.
Below is a table showing an example comparison between NILS, StepUP and other loan providers. This is only a guide, please speak to our Financial Inclusion Officers if you have any questions – click the table to enlarge.
(Figures are correct as of August 2018 and taken from advertised Rent to Buy and Pay Lenders websites and calculated with Money Smart Calculators).
We’re here to help
Mary MacKillop Today’s Financial Inclusion Program does more than NILS, we can help you with a number of services, including;
• Referrals to appropriate services
If you’d like to apply call: (02) 6337 2010 or email: [email protected] or click on the below button to go to our website www.loansmarymackilloptoday.org
We have offices in Bathurst, Orange, Cowra, Lithgow and Young, however our services are not restricted to these areas so call our friendly team today!