Conditions and Criteria
As a recipient of a Mary Mackillop Today Scholarship you agree to the following conditions:
- Your scholarship has been awarded to you to support your study in the specific course nominated at the specific educational institution nominated.
- Mary MacKillop Today financially supports Certificates, Diplomas, Bachelors, and in some circumstances Honors and Master degrees. We do not financially support study at PhD level.
- Mary MacKillop Today scholarships are only eligible for students studying at approved educational institutions. These include Universities and TAFEs. If you are unsure about the eligibility of your education provider you should seek approval from Mary MacKillop Today.
- Current scholarship holders studying at certificate level who continue or progress in their study in the same discipline through subsequent higher level Certificates, Diplomas or Bachelor qualification can request for their scholarship to be continued. Mary MacKillop Today will assess this request on a case-by-case basis and may, where possible, continue the student’s scholarship for the duration of their subsequent qualification.
- Current scholarship recipients who continue or progress in their study in the same discipline through Honours or Masters can request for their Mary MacKillop Today scholarship to be continued. Mary MacKillop Today will assess this request on a case-by-case basis and may, where possible, continue the student’s scholarship for the duration of their subsequent qualification.
- You agree to notify Mary Mackillop Today if you make any changes to your enrolment, including transferring to part-time study, taking leave of absence or changing to a different degree/qualification or institution. The continuation of your scholarship will be subject to the approval of Mary Mackillop Today upon explanation of your changed circumstances.
- To receive the full payment of $2,500 per semester the educational institution you are studying at must consider your study load full-time. This must be demonstrated in formal documentation from the institution. If you are studying part-time you will receive half of the full-time payment, which is $1,250.
- If you have received payment for a period of study and have not been able to complete subjects during this period, have failed or withdrawn from subjects you are required to inform Mary MacKillop Today and your eligibility for funds in the subsequent periods of study will be assessed.
- Your scholarship may be terminated if you transfer to a different course or university that will not credit your subjects.
- You will inform Mary MacKillop if you are receiving another scholarship at the same time as receiving the Mary MacKillop Today scholarship.
- Any personal information supplied to Mary MacKillop Today by you is collected for administration matters relating to your scholarship. Your confidentiality will be respected at all times. Some details about your progress will be shared with staff at Mary MacKillop Today and Mary MacKillop Today Board members. If you are receiving the Good Shepherd Reconciliation Scholarship updates about your progress will be sent to Good Shepherd New Zealand Australia for their internal administrative use.
- You will be requested to respond honestly to a short anonymous student survey each time you submit your forms. This survey is optional. The purpose of this is to assess the effectiveness of the scholarship program in achieving objectives so that we can make improvements to the program where needed. The survey will not be used to assess an individual’s scholarship eligibility or progress.
- Mary Mackillop Today may ask you to contribute to promotional materials and your photos and stories will only be shared if prior approval is given by you.
- You will complete Progress Reports through the online portal during the term of the scholarship as requested. Mary Mackillop Today uses this information for administrative use and internal reporting. Mary MacKillop Today may occasionally request that information in these reports be used to report to external supporters about your progress, and in these cases, prior permission will be obtained. If you are receiving the Good Shepherd Reconciliation Scholarship updates about your progress will be sent to Good Shepherd New Zealand Australia for their internal administrative use.
- You will meet with your nominated supervisor as needed throughout the year.
- You will notify Mary MacKillop Today of any change in name, address or contact details.
- Mary MacKillop Today may terminate your scholarship if you have:
- Discontinued your program or not enrolled in a program or if you have made significant changes to your enrolment
- Failed to meet the eligibility criteria and terms and conditions of your scholarship.
- Provided false or misleading information when you applied for or once you received your scholarship.
- Been suspended or excluded for misconduct from your education provider. o Breached State or Commonwealth laws.
- If you withdraw from your program your scholarship will be terminated. If you reapply for the same program at a later stage, you will need to re-apply for the scholarship.
- Only twelve months of leave from your scholarship is permitted, as a result of part-time enrolment and/or leave of absence/deferment from your program. If you are not eligible for payment after taking twelve months of leave from your scholarship, your scholarship will be terminated.
- You will join the Mary MacKillop Today Scholars Alumni, which helps encourage others who may be considering tertiary study.
- You will comply with our digital media policy when engaging in digital activities that include reference to and/or representation of Mary MacKillop Today in any way, which can be found below: https://www.marymackilloptoday.org.au/who-we-are/publications-and-reports/our-policies/
- MMT is always open to receiving feedback and complaints from stakeholders, as per our Policy which can be found here https://www.marymackilloptoday.org.au/who-we-are/publications-and- reports/our-policies/feedback-and-complaints-policy/
- Mary MacKillop Today cannot provide any additional financial support to students. Mary MacKillop Today can, however, assist you to access other services that may be available and will endeavor to do so where possible.
- Mary MacKillop Today cannot make advanced scholarship payments to students.
Payments will be made twice per year after the submission of all relevant forms through the online portal.
It can take up to 14 days from the time forms have been submitted for payments to be made.
Payments are typically processed on Tuesdays and the request to process payments on other days may not be able to be met.
Digital Media Policy for Scholarship recipients:
In line with the principles of Mary Mackillop Today the Digital Media Policy is to ensure that the dignity of all members of the Mary MacKillop Today community is respected and upheld throughout any engagement with multimedia including but not limited to the MMT website, student portal, facebook, twitter, Instagram.
The purpose of the student portal and any links is to give scholarship holders and alumni the opportunity to access information about their scholarship, referral pathways, information about events and networking opportunities.
Scholarship recipients should not use the Mary MacKillop Today website, student portal, facebook, twitter or Instagram:
- To abuse, vilify, defame, harass or discriminate (by virtue of sex, race, religion, national origin or other)
- To send or receive obscene or pornographic material
- To injure the reputation of Mary MacKillop Today
- To infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of another person