Term II Schools Fundraising Campaign
“Learning for Life”
Mary MacKillop Today seeks to transform lives for self-determination through access to education and the learning of practical life skills in vulnerable and remote communities. We know that providing education, in all its forms, is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes and generational change in developing communities.
Throughout Term 2 primary and secondary schools are being encouraged to create, run and document a fundraiser to support Mary MacKillop Today’s work in transforming lives through education.
The fundraisers will be judged according to their exploration of the theme ‘Learning for Life’ and consider:
- creativity & originality
- inclusivity & participation
- engagement with a Mary MacKillop Today project
- reflection of the charism of Mary MacKillop and the Josephites.
The winning school will receive a visit from Mary MacKillop Today staff to personally congratulate your students’ generosity and efforts. This visit could occur during Mary MacKillop Feast week and includes a student session with our interactive Timor-Leste media resource and/or workshops and activities to help your school community celebrate. The winning fundraiser will also be featured and promoted throughout Mary MacKillop Today’s media and acknowledged and congratulated on the Mary MacKillop Today website.
- Friday 03 May 2019 – Competition Opens
- Friday 21 June 2019 – Final day to submit entries.
- Friday 28 June 2019 – Announcement of winning school
- 5-9 August 2019 – Mary MacKillop Feast Week & proposed Mary MacKillop Today visit to winning school.
Learning for Life – celebrating education and transforming lives.
For more information on how to enter, please contact our Global Education Officer Bridget Jenkins at [email protected] or call our North Sydney office on 02 8912 2777.